Corporate Traveller is committed to positively contributing to our community both within and outside the organisation. This underpins our philosophies and values, and is in turn reflected throughout our organisational structure, business activities and Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
Corporate social responsibility
With operations all over the world, Corporate Traveller has independently developed initiatives and programs to contribute to our social and environmental responsibilities. These encompass:
- Green Energy
- Carbon Offsetting
- Commitment from our Board at a group and individual level
- The Flight Centre Charity of the Year
- Recycling & waste reduction initiatives
- Workplace Giving
- Staff facilities that promote walking, cycling and running to work
Corporate Traveller philosophies
1. OUR PEOPLE Our company is our people. We care for our colleagues’ health and wellbeing, their personal and professional development and their financial security. We believe that work should be challenging and fun for everyone and through work we contribute to our community.
2. OUR CUSTOMER We recognise that our customers always have a choice. We care about personally delivering amazing travel experiences. This is provided with honesty, integrity and a great attitude. It is the key to our company’s success. The key measure of whether we really are personally providing our customers with an amazing experience, an amazing product and a very caring service is they will return again and again.
3. BRIGHTNESS OF FUTURE We believe our people have the right to belong to a Team (family), a Village, an Area (tribe) and Nation (hierarchy) that will provide them with an exciting future and a supportive working community. They also have the right to see a clear pathway to achieving their career goals. Promotion and transfers from within will always be our first choice.
4. TAKING RESPONSIBILITY We take full responsibility for our own successes or failures. We do not externalise. We accept that we have total ownership and responsibility, but not always control. As a company we recognise and celebrate our individual and collective successes.
5. EGALITARIANISM AND UNITY In our company, we believe that each individual should have equal privileges and rights. In all our countries and all our businesses there should be no ‘them and us’.
Our Business Model
1. OWNERSHIP We believe each individual in our company should have the opportunity to share in the company’s success through outcome-based incentives, profit share, BOS (franchises) and Employee and Leadership Share Schemes. It is important that business leaders and business team members see the business they run as their business.
2. INCENTIVES Incentives are based on measurable and reliable outcome-based KPIs. We believe that ‘what gets rewarded, gets done’. A reward for producing the needed outcome. If the right outcomes are rewarded, our company and our people will prosper.
3. OUR STANDARD SYSTEMS – ONE BEST WAY In our business there is always ‘one best way’ to operate. These are standard systems employed universally until a better way is shown. This improved way becomes the ‘one best way system’. We value common sense over conventional wisdom.
4. FAMILY, VILLAGE, TRIBE Our structure is simple, lean, flat and transparent, with accessible leaders. Our business Model is being one of the worlds best and biggest small business operators. There is a maximum of 4 and sometimes 5 layers. The village is an unfunded, self-help support group that forms an integral part of our structure.
- Family (Teams – min 3, max 7 members) Villages (min 3, max 7 Teams).
- Tribe (Areas – min 10, max 20 Teams).
- Nations/Brands (min 8, max 15 Areas).
- Board and senior leadership team.
5. PROFIT A fair margin resulting in a business profit is the key measure of whether we really are providing our customers with an amazing experience, an amazing product and a very caring service – an experience they genuinely value and will pay us for.