Film and TV Production
Blast Films is an award-winning film and TV production agency which works on a huge variety of pictures; from hard-hitting films to popular documentary series. The thing that ties all of Blast Film’s work together is the fact that they all tell a poignant story.
Blast find themselves travelling all over the world filming with a huge variety of both cast and crew. The fantastic footage on screen would not be seen without the booking coordinators behind the scenes who put everything together. The high degree of difficulty of their job means the speciality expertise of Corporate Traveller Production, Sports and Creative was exactly what is needed to ensure logistics run as smoothly as possible!
General travel requirements
Similar to a lot of production companies, Blast have very complex travel requirements which include frequent changes, last minute bookings, excess baggage management and budget management.
The locations for Blast productions are rarely in the same place because of the diverse range of topics covered by the company. Some productions require many people travelling at once and others could just be one/two.
Production: “Flying To the Ends of the Earth”
“Some of the planet’s most extraordinary and spectacular experiences are only accessible by air. In this epic new series, pilot and former Royal Marine Arthur Williams will fly us into some of the remotest parts of our planet to find out how people survive and thrive in places only planes can reach. Arthur was paralysed in an accident seven years ago, but took up flying to rediscover his spirit of adventure. Now he’s going to brave tiny airstrips and outrageously dangerous flying Case study Industry sector: Film and TV Production Company: Blast Films Ltd production, sports and creative Case study conditions, all to reach the world’s most spectacular remote places.”
- This introduction to the show, clearly announced this was no ordinary series. The production featured some extremely tricky logistical requirements, especially when disaster struck in Siberia and the crew were seriously affected by a helicopter crash during the shoot. Here’s how the team at Corporate Traveller Production, Sports and Creative stepped in to help:
- Corporate Traveller Production, Sports and Creative’s Houida Ayari comes from a background in events travel and so is our resident expert when it comes to complicated and group itineraries. Houida is usually found negotiating with both hotels and airlines to allow specific requirements and fares for our prestigious client base
- Houida had been working on the Siberia project with Blast Films for some time, ironing out any complications and making sure that logistically, everything ran smoothly so the production co-ordinators could focus on other important aspects of the production.
- The trip was for 8 people and had changed many times in the lead up to departure so everybody was happy and excited when the team took off on their ambitious mission.
- Disaster struck when the helicopter carrying all supplies, kit etc got caught in strong winds and crashed, snapping the tailboom and rendering it useless.
- Firstly, there was huge relief that everyone was ok with no injuries, however this left the crew in the middle of Siberia with no supplies, shaken up and wanting to return home.
- This is where Corporate Traveller Production, Sports and Creative came into their own with Houida jumping straight into action and arranging to get all of the affected crew out of Siberia on last minute bookings.
- However the documentary still needed to be filmed, so arrangements had to be made to bring in a different crew and the process of booking the trip started again. This time, due to the unexpected circumstances, crucial budget concerns had to be considered. Houida worked very closely with the production team to adhere to this and often not knowing the names of the travellers until the last minute, sourced and provided many changes and options.
- Normally, late name changes are usually a massive issue within the aviation industry, yet as this was vital to the successful completion of the shoot, Houida put her talent and experience to work to negate all of the obstacles and make sure what needed to be done, was done.
- The production was completed successfully with no further dramas occurring. The show has now aired and was a huge hit thanks to the hard working team at Blast and the assistance of our extremely talented expert, Houida Ayari.
“Corporate Traveller Production, Sports and Creative have been incredibly helpful in providing us with complex international flights for a range of different locations. There was always someone on hand to help us, as we often experienced difficulties at various airports.”
Book a consultation with a Production travel expert
Fill in the form below and a member of the Corporate Traveller Production, Sports and Creative team will be in touch with more information about personalising a production travel programme for you.