Corporate Traveller

Traveller Assistance

Traveller assist provides you with links to comprehensive information on online check-in, health, weather, visa requirements and a range of other travel advice. Streamline your business travel experience by ensuring you have all the information you need before you depart.

*please note Corporate Traveller are not liable for the accuracy of information provided by 3rd party suppliers or organisations.


Have you checked your health requirements for this trip? For further details consult your GP.


Check with the Foreign & Commonwealth office before booking any travel, to view any travel warnings

Your travel insurance may not be valid if there is a warning issued for the country to which you are travelling.


Save this number to your phone - Corporate Traveller provide an after hours emergency assist service for all our clients who are travelling within 48 hours or two business days. During business hours please contact your Account Manager.

For after hours emergencies call 0208 336 5276. 


We recommend all travellers carry their passport on all flights including domestic flights as it is now mandatory for the majority of airlines as a universal means of identification.

You should also ensure you have valid visas for all countries you are visiting. The Corporate Traveller Travel Visas team can assist with all your visa and passport requirements. Ask your dedicated Account Manager to connect you to our team.



1. Temporary immigration restrictions

Temporary immigration measures come into force on 16 March 2017 for citizens of Libya, Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen for a period of 90 days.This revised order takes effect from 16 March 2017 and will deny entry to affected parties to the USA until at least 14 June 2017. British passport holders (regardless of country of birth or whether they hold another passport/nationality) aren’t affected by these measures. For futher information on the recent changes to US border and immigration executive order, please visit this page.

If you’re unsure whether you’re affected you should contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate for advice. 

2. Travellers with certain dual citizenship

Customers travelling to the USA who are citizens of countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and also citizens of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria, cannot enter the country under the VWP.  They must obtain a visitor visa.
This means that any UK citizen, travelling on a UK passport who is normally eligible for an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) will have to apply at their nearest US Consulate for a visitor visa if they are also a citizen of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria.

3. Travellers who have visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria since 01 March 2011

Entry to the USA by people (of any nationality) who have visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria since 01 March 2011.  These people, even if from a Visa Waiver Program country, will also be required to obtain a visitor visa for the USA.
The only exception to this ruling is if the customer visited one or more of these countries as part of their military service.

4. All other travellers and British citizens - Visa Waiver Programme (VWP)

For all other customers, whether their visit was to see friends/family, as tourists or aid/health workers, a visitor visa will be required. The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables most citizens or nationals of participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays up to 90 days without first obtaining a visa, when they meet all requirements explained below. Travellers must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval prior to travel. The VWP allows most travellers passport holders to visit the US for up to 90 days. The types of journey allowed under the VWP include tourism, certain types of business visit and transit to another country.

You’ll generally qualify to enter the USA using the VWP if your passport:

  • describes you as a citizen or national of a VWP designated Country. **To be eligible to travel under the VWP, British citizens must have the unrestricted right of permanent abode in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man.
  • is valid for at least 6 months after your planned departure from the United States
  • is an ePassport with this internationally recognised symbol on the front cover

and you:

  • haven’t been arrested for certain crimes, even if a criminal conviction didn’t result
  • aren’t a dual national of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen.
  • haven’t travelled to Libya, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen since March 2011
  • have received authorisation from the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation at least 72 hours before you travel.
  • can show that you have enough funds available on arrival to support yourself during your stay, even if you’re staying with family and friends

Certain exemptions apply on a case-by-case basis to those who have travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia or Yemen since March 2011. For more information about these exemptions, see the website of the US Embassy in London or contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate

For a current FAQ regarding USA ESTA requirements, click here

ESTA - the fee for using the USA's compulsory online immigration system Esta at $14 (£8.80). The fee must be paid by credit card or debit card at and the system accepts only MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.

APIS - the TSA's Secure Flight Program requires identification information ahead of time in order to verify passenger names against the 'Watch list' and the 'No fly' list. The additional information is aimed at reducing the number of mis-matches and therefore disruptions to you the passenger. What does this mean for you? If you do not provide the information:

  • You cannot board a flight to, from, within or via the USA without giving this information.
  • You may experience significant delay at the airport possibly causing you to miss your flight or be denied booking.
  • Bookings without the secure flight data 72h prior to travel (or at time of booking within this period) may be cancelled without warning.
  • Your Travel Manager MUST enter the data into the PNR (booking) for all passengers travelling to, from within or via the USA at least 72 hours prior to travel or immediately for late bookings made within 72 hours of travel.

Your Travel Manager MUST enter the data into the PNR (booking) for all passengers travelling to, from within or via the USA at least 72 hours prior to travel or immediately for late bookings made within 72 hours of travel.
The good news is that the basic APIS information contains the required information for secure flight, therefore if you have entered APIS additional information is not required unless you have a 'redress' or 'known passenger' number.


For a list of US Airports which have Global Entry Kiosks, please click here


Canada is introducing an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) from 15 March 2016. Under Canada’s eTA program, citizens from countries other than the United States, who do not need a visa to enter Canada, will need to obtain an online authorisation before entering the country by air, unless otherwise exempted. The process fee for application for an eTA is CAD$7.

The list of nationalities requiring an eTA can be viewed HERE


Travel assist provides you with links to comprehensive information on health, weather, directions, what's on, the must sees, and a variety of other travel advice and hints.


Ground transportation, services, hotels, maps and much more.


International dialling codes.

City Maps

Need directions? Maps worldwide.

Destinations & Cities

Facts, sightseeing, events, restaurants & more

Embassies & Consulates Worldwide

Addresses, contact numbers and more.

Easy search facility!

World Time 

Check global time

Information for Travellers

From the Foreign and Commonwealth Office - 'trouble spots' & travel advice


Planning your UK journey to live departure board


Check before you go

UK Customs 

UK Customs and Excise -all you need to know about personal allowance into the UK

World News

News from around the globe